Having a horse is a dream that many of us have been dreaming of since we were little kids. While some do not bother to get into the mess of owning a horse, other people take a step forward to get their dream horse.
Once you lay your eyes on the perfect horse that you want to bring home the pressure of getting all the basic things checked pulls on. Many people do not even know what to expect when they bring home a horse, like what all to get for the horse to ensure a perfect and comfortable stable for it.
If you got a horse and want some help in determining the things and equipment to buy for your stable then you are in the right place. We brought you some of the basic things that one needs to have in their stable.
- Feeding pan to provide the horse or horses with individual feeding system
- Metal or plastic feeding container
- Large bucket for water
- Water heating buckets or heater for warm water supply
- Fork for manure
- Extension cord
- Fire extinguisher
- Extra light bulbs
- A dry place or space for the storage of feed and supplies
- Stable rugs
Handle and grooming equipment
- Hoof pick
- Brush to scrub the body of the horse
- A washcloth for bath and afterbath
- Blankets to protect the horse from cold
- Fly repellent
There are mainly two kinds of riding system and style according to which the equipment needed gets decided. One is the western style and the other one is the English style riding that makes up the decision of buying things and gears accordingly.
But most commonly you will be needing:
- Saddle along with cinch or even a girth
- Saddle pad if necessary or a blanket
- Bridle along with a bit
- If necessary, tendon boots, and lunge line
When it comes to driving a horse the main thing that controls a horse is a harness. The type and kind of harness you may choose widely determine the pace and comfortableness of the horse. Getting the right type of harness is necessary to get a completely secure and enjoyable experience.
- Harness along with bridle
- A safe and sturdy vehicle
- A whip to control the horse pace
- A helmet for protection
Having a horse is like having a full-grown human in care. Sometimes taking care of a horse can be challenging but once you get hold of the requirements you get into caring and managing a horse and the stable. Make sure you got the emergency care kit ready for any problem containing the veterinarian number, emergency numbers along with the first aid kit.